Dear Tiffany Families,
I hope this email finds you well on this beautiful Veteran’s Day Weekend! I would like to take a moment to thank all of our veterans for your service to our country. We are very fortunate to serve a large military population here at Tiffany and we are incredibly grateful for the sacrifices that both our veterans and their families have made. We would like to honor you at our annual Veterans Day Picnic on Friday, November 17th. The information regarding the picnic and the remainder of the school week is contained below:
Veteran’s Day Picnic at Tiffany On Friday
We will be hosting our annual Veteran’s Picnic on Friday, November 17th. Veterans are welcome to come eat a picnic lunch with their student during their grade level lunchtime. Bring a blanket and a lunch – the grade level lunch times are below:
1st Grade: 11:30 – 12:15
2nd Grade: 11:35 – 12:20
3rd and 4th Grade: 12:00-12:45
5th and 6th Grade: 12:25 – 1:10
Please bring your ID and be prepared to sign in at the office. We are excited to see all of our veterans again this year!
SSC on Tuesday, November 14th at 3:30pm
Our next SSC meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 14th at 3:30pm both in person and online. Below is the agenda as well as the minutes from the October meeting:
Thank You for a Successful PTA Movie Night
A shoutout to all of our PTA volunteers for making the PTA Movie Night on Thursday such a success! Two showings were held and the students had a great time! Thank you again for all who made it possible.
Parking Lot Safety
For your review, here are the traffic and parking lot expectations:
- Red Curbs – “as required under California Vehicle Code Section 21458(a)(1), a curb painted red shall indicate no stopping, standing, or parking whether the vehicle is attended or unattended.”
- The left lane in the parking lot is for traffic to move through. Parking/stopping in the left lane blocks cars from being able to exit. Students should not exit or enter vehicles that are in the left lane.
- Use crosswalks for crossing the street and parking lot. When dropping students off, please be sure that they exit the vehicle on the right so that they get out directly onto the sidewalk closest to the school building.
- Follow traffic patterns and do not double park along parking spaces.
Safety Patrol has been training with CVPD for the last few weeks to prepare for supporting our students in the parking lot before and after school. Once they go on duty, please be mindful that they are students trying to do their part in keeping their fellow students safe. Thank you, in advance, for supporting our student leaders!
If you would like to volunteer in our parking lot, please let me know at email@example.com.
Everyday Counts – Attendance Reminders
Just a reminder that our gates open for breakfast and the track at 8:10am – we encourage our families to take advantage of this opportunity, as you beat the parking lot rush! School starts promptly at 8:45am and students should be in line by 8:40am.
If a student is sick with a fever, bowel issues, committing, COVID, flu, etc., they should not attend school. Also keep in mind that students who have a 100+ degree temperature may not come to school and can return after they have been fever free for 24 hours without medication.
Again, here are tips for attendance to know what is excused and what is not:
- Please call the office to report any absences and the reason for the absence.
- Excused Absences: illness, doctor appointments for the student, military engagements (ex. ceremony, return from deployment), death of an immediate family member, etc.
- Unexcused Absences: appointments for other family members, out of town, vacations, etc.
- Independent Study: If you know ahead that your child might need to miss school (ex. family reunion), please contact your child’s teacher and our office to set up an independent study contract. Independent Study contracts are available for 3 or more days, but not more than 14 cumulative days in a school year. Independent Study Contracts should be requested at least one week in advance.
- Tardy: Students are considered tardy if they are not in class by 8:45am.
- COVID absences are cleared with a POSITIVE test result. Current guidelines require positive individuals to stay home for 5 days and mask through Day 10 on campus.
This is the final week of school before the Thanksgiving Break. There will be no school Monday, November 20th through Friday, November 24th. School will resume on Monday, November 27th and it will be a regular day.
Here’s to a great week!