Dear Tiffany Families,
I hope this message finds you well on this first day of the “fall back” time change. Take advantage of this opportunity to leave the house a few minutes earlier and beat the morning rush in our parking lot! Our gates open at 8:10am – students can participate in Running Club and eat breakfast. We have supervision until the bell rings and teachers pick up the students.
We had a beautiful display for Dia de Los Muertos in our MPR this week. Thank you to our Dual Language Team and all of the staff, families and students who came together to make it happen!
Here is the information for the week:
PTA Movie Night on Thursday – Two Showings!
Volunteer Link – CLICK HERE
Veteran’s Day Celebrations at Tiffany
We are very fortunate to serve a large Military community here at Tiffany! In honor of Veteran’s Day, we invite our veterans to submit a photo for a video that will be shown to our students next week. Would you like your veteran to be featured? Please send your photo by Thursday, November 9th to email@example.com.
We will also be hosting our annual Veteran’s Picnic on Friday, November 17th. Veterans are welcome to come eat a picnic lunch with their student during their grade level lunchtime. Bring a blanket and a lunch – the grade level lunch times are below:
1st Grade: 11:30 – 12:15
2nd Grade: 11:35 – 12:20
3rd and 4th Grade: 12:00-12:45
5th and 6th Grade: 12:25 – 1:10
No School on Friday, November 10th
There will be no school this Friday, November 10th in observance of Veteran’s Day.
Parking Lot Safety
For your review, here are the traffic and parking lot expectations:
- Red Curbs – “as required under California Vehicle Code Section 21458(a)(1), a curb painted red shall indicate no stopping, standing, or parking whether the vehicle is attended or unattended.”
- The left lane in the parking lot is for traffic to move through. Parking/stopping in the left lane blocks cars from being able to exit. Students should not exit or enter vehicles that are in the left lane.
- Use crosswalks for crossing the street and parking lot. When dropping students off, please be sure that they exit the vehicle on the right so that they get out directly onto the sidewalk closest to the school building.
- Follow traffic patterns and do not double park along parking spaces.
We understand that the painting of the additional red curb is a major shift and it impacts how pick up and drop off has been for a very long time. The red curbs are because that is the current building code and we must adjust to fulfill this new requirement. Thank you, in advance, for keeping our students safe and thank you to those who are following our expectations in the parking lot.
I am excited to share with you that Safety Patrol is coming back after a long hiatus! Ms. Brauer and Ms. Bertrand, along with a group of 5th and 6th graders are gearing up to start patrol before and after school. They are in the process of beginning their training with CVPD and we be out in the parking lot soon!
If you would like to volunteer in our parking lot, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyday Counts – Attendance Reminders
Just a reminder that our gates open for breakfast and the track at 8:10am – we encourage our families to take advantage of this opportunity, as you beat the parking lot rush! School starts promptly at 8:45am and students should be in line by 8:40am.
If a student is sick with a fever, bowel issues, committing, COVID, flu, etc., they should not attend school. Also keep in mind that students who have a 100+ degree temperature may not come to school and can return after they have been fever free for 24 hours without medication.
Again, here are tips for attendance to know what is excused and what is not:
- Please call the office to report any absences and the reason for the absence.
- Excused Absences: illness, doctor appointments for the student, military engagements (ex. ceremony, return from deployment), death of an immediate family member, etc.
- Unexcused Absences: appointments for other family members, out of town, vacations, etc.
- Independent Study: If you know ahead that your child might need to miss school (ex. family reunion), please contact your child’s teacher and our office to set up an independent study contract. Independent Study contracts are available for 3 or more days, but not more than 14 cumulative days in a school year. Independent Study Contracts should be requested at least one week in advance.
- Tardy: Students are considered tardy if they are not in class by 8:45am.
- COVID absences are cleared with a POSITIVE test result. Current guidelines require positive individuals to stay home for 5 days and mask through Day 10 on campus.
Looking ahead, there will be no school Monday, November 20th through Friday, November 24th in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
Here’s to a great week!