Dear Tiffany Families,
I hope this email finds you well during this first weekend in December. We only have two more weeks until Winter Break – it does not seem possible! Our final day of Quarter 2 will be Friday, December 15th. Winter Break will be from Monday, December 18th through Tuesday, January 9th. Students will return Wednesday, January 10th and it will be a Minimum Day for TK-6th students.
Here is the information for the week:
Sixth Graders Going to Camp!
Our Sixth Graders are headed off to camp on Monday morning! Please keep this in mind as you are coming to school, as it will impact parking with families who are staying for the send off of our students! Leave extra time on Monday morning to accommodate our Sixth Graders and their families. Thank you to our teachers and families for making this experience happen for our students – they are going to have a great time!
Attendance Winner for the Month of November
Congratulations to Mrs. Loyola’s 5th Graders for having the best attendance in the entire school for the month of November – 97.5% daily average attendance!! Who will win December???? Will Mrs. Loyola’s class hang on to the title? We will see!
Winter Gift Shop Next Week
Would you like to volunteer? Please click here to sign up!
New Traffic Pattern
Our community may have noticed by now that we now have a three-way stop at the intersection of Elmhurst and Vassar! This was a community effort that was been in the works for nearly two years and it finally was installed this past week. We hope that it will bring an additional layer of safety to our students and their families when crossing the street.
I would also like to remind our families that there is no left turn out of our parking lot during arrival and dismissal. Please be sure to turn right when exiting the school campus by car. Thank you!
Parking Lot Safety
I know that I include this in the weekly message each week, but it is incredibly important that we all follow the expectations. Please also be mindful of how we treat one another when we are frustrated – our students are watching our example, so thank you, in advance, for your support.
For your review, here are the traffic and parking lot expectations:
- Red Curbs – “as required under California Vehicle Code Section 21458(a)(1), a curb painted red shall indicate no stopping, standing, or parking whether the vehicle is attended or unattended.”
- The left lane in the parking lot is for traffic to move through. Parking/stopping in the left lane blocks cars from being able to exit. Students should not exit or enter vehicles that are in the left lane.
- Use crosswalks for crossing the street and parking lot. When dropping students off, please be sure that they exit the vehicle on the right so that they get out directly onto the sidewalk closest to the school building.
- Follow traffic patterns and do not double park along parking spaces.
Safety Patrol has been training with CVPD for the last few weeks to prepare for supporting our students in the parking lot before and after school. Once they go on duty, please be mindful that they are students trying to do their part in keeping their fellow students safe. Thank you, in advance, for supporting our student leaders!
If you would like to volunteer in our parking lot, please let me know at email@example.com.
Full House Fridays at Tiffany Elementary
Did you know that Friday is the day that we tend to see the most absences at school? While we encourage students to attend school everyday (unless they are sick), CVESD is hosting a district-wide competition to increase our attendance on specifically on Fridays! Let’s win, Tiffany Tigers!
Everyday Counts – Attendance Reminders
Just a reminder that our gates open for breakfast and the track at 8:10am – we encourage our families to take advantage of this opportunity, as you beat the parking lot rush! School starts promptly at 8:45am and students should be in line by 8:40am.
If a student is sick with a fever, bowel issues, vomiting, COVID, flu, etc., they should not attend school. Also keep in mind that students who have a 100+ degree temperature may not come to school and can return after they have been fever free for 24 hours without medication.
Again, here are tips for attendance to know what is excused and what is not:
- Please call the office to report any absences and the reason for the absence.
- Excused Absences: illness, doctor appointments for the student, military engagements (ex. ceremony, return from deployment), death of an immediate family member, etc.
- Unexcused Absences: appointments for other family members, out of town, vacations, etc.
- Independent Study: If you know ahead that your child might need to miss school (ex. family reunion), please contact your child’s teacher and our office to set up an independent study contract. Independent Study contracts are available for 3 or more days, but not more than 14 cumulative days in a school year. Independent Study Contracts should be requested at least one week in advance.
- Tardy: Students are considered tardy if they are not in class by 8:45am.
- COVID absences are cleared with a POSITIVE test result. Current guidelines require positive individuals to stay home for 5 days and mask through Day 10 on campus.
Here’s to a great week!