Weekly Message for the Week of February 5th

Dear Tiffany Families,

I hope this email finds you well on this first weekend of February.  As we progress into February, our campus is a busy place!  Please be sure to stay connected by reading the message each week to stay informed.  Here is the information for the week:

Incoming Dual Immersion Parent Meeting February 7th at 5:30pm 

Do you have an incoming TK or K for the upcoming 2024/25 school year?  We will be holding our informational parent meeting for families interested in Dual Language Immersion on Wednesday, February 7th at 5:30pm in our MPR.

ELPAC Testing Starts this Week

Interested in what is on the ELPAC for students who are taking this assessment, visit https://www.elpac.org/resources/parent-resources/.

Zone Transfer Renewal Information

Kinder to 5th grade students attending Tiffany on a Zone Transfer, must submit a zone transfer renewal to request to continue at Tiffany for the new school year. Renewal emails were sent out to parents on January 24th and transfer renewals need submitted online by February 13th. Please let the office know if you have not yet received a renewal email, please check your junk folders.
If your child is in SDC and on a Zone Transfer, please note that a warning sign pops up and does not allow you to submit.  We are awaiting information from Pupil Services and Student Placement on how to address this specific issue.  We will notify our impacted families once we have this information.
6th graders do not need to renew zone transfers, as you will be registering directly with a middle school.

Transitional Kindergarten Students Moving Up to Kindergarten

Parents of Transitional Kindergarten students will be receiving notification regarding moving up to Kindergarten and whether a zone transfer and registration is required. Please look out for paper instructions in your child’s backpacks.

A Message from Mr. Estrada

I want to relay to you my undying gratitude for allowing me to serve as your Associate Principal this year.  I have been able to learn and grow so much this year.  Due to the ever-changing needs of my família, I need to step back from this position.  Thursday was my last day at Tiffany Elementary.

I have been able to secure a position at Castle Park Elementary School as an Impact teacher, I report there on Monday.  This change will allow me to be with my family while providing a new challenge in my career.   Until we meet again, know that I will wear my Tiffany Tigers hoodie with pride.  With such a dedicated and loving staff and parents, I know Tiffany will continue to excel.  Until we meet again…

Respectfully,

Jesús R. Estrada

PTA Board Members for 2024-2025 Wanted

Upcoming CVESD Parent Meetings

School Safety Parent Forum (in-person at Fahari L. Jeffers) – February 6th, 6-7pm

School Safety Parent Forum Feb 2024

LCAP Forum for Families and Students  (in-person at the district office & online) – February 13th, 4:30pm – 5:30

LCAP Events ENG_SPAN

LCAP – Local Control Accountability Plan Input Link

The LCAP Community Forum will be held on February 13th (additional information above), but you can take the survey online by clicking here. The survey will be open until the end of February. You can visit the district website to find more information about the LCAP process at CVESD.  Your input is very valuable on how we continue to support our students here at CVESD. Thank you for your participation!

Yearbook Photos Wanted

Un Programa De Bienestar Para Madres y Hijas

Estamos reclutando a madres e hijas (de edad 8-11) hispanohablantes para participar en un programa de 12 semanas que promueve la salud y la actividad fisica. Hablamos de temas importantes como fijar metas, comer saludable, y mejorar la comunicacion familiar. Cada semana hacemos ejercicio juntas! 5:30pm-7:30pm los martes en Tiffany Elementary School comienza este enero/febrero.  Para inscribirse: bit.ly/ConmigoTiffany.

Tiffany Elementary-Conmigo Flyer REVISED

Eastlake Dance Company Youth Workshop

*This is not a CVESD or Tiffany Elementary sponsored event.  If interested, families should contact EDC directly.

Parking Lot Safety Reminder and Safety Patrol Update

Our Safety Patrol has been working hard to help keep our parking lot safe – a special shout out to our Safety Patrol Members as well as Ms. Brauer, Ms. Bertrand, Mr. Baker and Mrs. Farrer!  Are you interested in volunteering to support our Safety Patrol in the morning or afternoon?  Here is what that volunteer opportunity would involve:

Safety Patrol Information for Parent Volunteers

• Students need to be outside on duty in the morning at 8:35 AM and students stay on duty for 10 minutes
  • Students need to be outside on duty in the afternoon on regular dismissal days at 3:05 PM and they stay on duty for 10 minutes.
  • On minimum dismissal days, afternoon duty begins at 1:50 PM and they stay on duty for 10 minutes
  • Safety Patrol Parent volunteers wear a safety vest while supervising students on duty

Please reach out to Dr. Sutton, Ms. Brauer or Ms. Bertrand if you are interested in supporting our Safety Patrol.  Thank you!

For your review, here are the traffic and parking lot expectations:

• Red Curbs – “as required under California Vehicle Code Section 21458(a)(1), a curb painted red shall indicate no stopping, standing, or parking whether the vehicle is attended or unattended.” 
  • The left lane in the parking lot is for traffic to move through.  Parking/stopping in the left lane blocks cars from being able to exit.  Students should not exit or enter vehicles that are in the left lane.
  • Use crosswalks for crossing the street and parking lot.  When dropping students off, please be sure that they exit the vehicle on the right so that they get out directly onto the sidewalk closest to the school building.
  • Follow traffic patterns and do not double park along parking spaces.

If you would like to volunteer in our parking lot, please let me know at crystal.sutton@cvesd.org.

Here’s to a great week!

Take Care,

Dr. Sutton